ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Discussion: How can we Improve DonationCoder?

<< < (17/18) > >>

nudone:
i was thinking i would just make this the default behavior whenever you click on main link to a topic, to go to last read post; then it wouldnt matter if you clicked new button or not.
-mouser (May 06, 2010, 03:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
that is the best idea.

app103:
i was thinking i would just make this the default behavior whenever you click on main link to a topic, to go to last read post; then it wouldnt matter if you clicked new button or not.
-mouser (May 06, 2010, 03:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, please don't do that! I rely on the color of the link to draw my eye to threads I have already read before. I have even gone so far as changing the color in the usercontent.css file of my browser to make it stand out more.

If you change the default behavior, then the link color will change back to the default unvisited color for every thread whenever a new post is added. I'll never be able to tell previously read threads.

Stoic Joker:
She's got a point there - I also use the visited link color method to identify where I've been.

40hz:
I have even gone so far as changing the color in the usercontent.css file of my browser to make it stand out more.
-app103 (May 06, 2010, 07:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just out of curiosity, what color do you use?

:)

app103:
Just out of curiosity, what color do you use?

:)
-40hz (May 06, 2010, 07:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

#aa00aa (which is the default color for visited links on my system)

The whole thing is here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=18548.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version