ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Discussion: How can we Improve DonationCoder?

<< < (10/18) > >>

MilesAhead:
Also let's face it, when a friend asks "what is donationcoder?" one already has to reserve time for a 30 minute sit-down and powerpoint slide show to explain it. Changing the domain name would at best cut the presentation down by only 1 minute, so it hardly seems worth the effort.
-mouser (April 26, 2010, 09:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmmmm, do I get a whiff of a video demo in the offing?  :)

JavaJones:
Points taken. :D I was more just getting at the fact that the site purpose has broadened considerably. Which is a good thing.

Really I think there aren't many significant problems here. It's a *great* community. A better way to store and organize commonly agreed upon bits of information would be good (e.g. wiki), but I also agree it would be hard to maintain.

As for the reviews, I think those will simply have to come with the inspiration of the writer(s), and my feeling as to why there haven't been any lately is no one is inspired or has the time. But when someone gets a serious bee in their bonnet about it, there's nothing stopping a mega review from happening, and I'd reckon the door is wide open here on publishing it. I think it will stay limited this way until and unless a system is developed to spread the load, if that's truly possible.

- Oshyan

cranioscopical:
not the dreaded Powerpoint presentation!
-40hz (April 26, 2010, 09:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Take Heart!Discussion: How can we Improve DonationCoder?

mouser:
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

JavaJones:
That is priceless!

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version