ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Advice on keyboard shortcuts.

<< < (4/5) > >>

rjbull:
rjbull The link is as follows: http://www.stud.usv.ro/~alexbu/target.php?target=keyboard-pilgrim-online (April 23, 2010, 05:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!   :up:

HoeKey: In the default settings it shows Win + N for Notepad, so I tried adding Win + W for Wordpad but it never worked.
--- End quote ---

Works here (Vista Home Premium, user account, UAC On).  Relevant detail in configuration file is:

--- ---; Win-W runs WordPad  (lines beginning with semi-colon are comments)
~W=Run|"c:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\wordpad.exe"
The thing to note is probably that you have to preface the program with "Run|"

daddydave:
If you're looking for something quite powerful, light on resources, but without any eye candy, then HotkeyP is the solution.
-yksyks (April 21, 2010, 08:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've been looking for something that could remap multimedia keys, glad you mentioned it.

pilgrim:
rjbull

The thing to note is probably that you have to preface the program with "Run|"
--- End quote ---

I entered the details exactly the same as they were for Notepad just changing the letter to W and the path to Wordpad.
I should mention that I tried editing the default setting in HoeKey for Notepad from Win + N to Ctrl + N, that never worked.
It has to be something specific to this make and model of computer or the OEM software.
I even tried the default XP method by right clicking on a Start Menu shortcut opening properties and setting a Hotkey that way, that never worked either.

Tuxman:
ac'tivAid has a built-in, system-wide hotkey manager, too.  :)

rjbull:
I should mention that I tried editing the default setting in HoeKey for Notepad from Win + N to Ctrl + N, that never worked.
It has to be something specific to this make and model of computer or the OEM software.
I even tried the default XP method by right clicking on a Start Menu shortcut opening properties and setting a Hotkey that way, that never worked either.
-pilgrim-online (April 25, 2010, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure how good and how universal Windows shortcuts are.  I tried using Windows Properties to set Shift-Control-P for activating PopSel in Vista, and that didn't work, which is a large part of the reason I'm running HoeKey.  I don't think that particular key is reserved for anything else.

For quick editing, this works for me:

--- ---_^@N=Run|"c:\NoInst\TED Notepad\TedNPad.exe"
That is, Control-Shift-Alt-N pops up TED Notepad.  This is the exact path to the target file on my computer, and includes double quotes as the path contains spaces.

You said you tried Control-N.  That's commonly-used in Windows applications key, e.g. for starting a new file.  Maybe you had a hotkey conflict.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version