ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Powerpoint sucks - what to use instead?

<< < (5/15) > >>

JavaJones:
ProShow is interesting, but the problem is I don't need to have *more* flexibility, I need less. ;) Nor would it probably be very welcome to have to learn a totally new UI, heh. While I *am* looking for an alternative, which potentially implies a different interface, ProShow is really a fairly different approach, which would be more jarring than I would like.

What I basically need is to define a fairly rigid format and make people stick to it when designing. Powerpoint has some ability to do this, but in practice it doesn't work nearly as well as I'd like.

- Oshyan

superboyac:
Yeah, I understand.  I can't think of anything to do what you're asking.  it's a good idea.  It would be nice to be able to quickly whip out a nice presentation based on some preset styling.

JavaJones:
I'm thinking it might be fairly easily do-able with a customized HTML editor like Komposer or one of the other open source options:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_HTML_editors
Then just put it in a Javascript-driven page transition fader. Run all the styling off a central CSS file. Hmm...

- Oshyan

markan:
You could take a look at Prezi. I don't have any real experience of it; it is just sitting on my "Cool looking things to take a proper look at" list :)

Curt:
You could take a look at Prezi.
-markan (April 26, 2010, 04:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

- the "Math is not linear"-prezi is fantastic. Not as much for the Prezi itself but because of the subject which Alison Blank is really good at explaining.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version