ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Meeting minutes/action item software recommendations?

<< < (5/9) > >>

Armando:
A few Screenshots...

[Edit]

==========

Presenting the whole thing in an outline is one way of doing it, but everything could be split into panes (grids) without too many outline levels (e.g. : The project level could go away and you'd only keep the project field as an identifier, etc.). Some don't like deep outlines; I don't mind... especially if I know that I can explode and flatten the whole tree whenever I wish.

And that's what the different grids in my example are there for : allow to see different aspects of the meetings/projects, displayed in specific sets of columns and without all the other levels and details. This what I tried to show in the screenshots (but maybe didn't succeed) : any part of the project grid can be seen and followed in another grid. Very convenient for the  actions items which can be followed as a todo list, with urgencies, priorities, etc. without the need to transfert them to another list.

Note that in my own DB, these action items will/would be merged with my own todo lists and  I'd be able to filter them out as needed. IMO the best is to have this specialized DB inside the main DB so that you can have immediate access to all other info. Of course, if Pierre can bring in a feature allowing the displaying of several DBs at once (within the same IQ process), this won't be needed.

==========

The templates aren't really necessary once one understands that a project needs an ID and that the project field needs to be checked... Same logic of meetings, etc. The color coding should help.

I haven't played too much with fonts, etc. But the template could use different fonts types and sizes, a bit more.

Armando:
I don't have much time today, but I took a look at the DB during my lunch break.
I'll upload another version shortly as my template grid gave erroneous tutorial indications. Sorry about that. Like I said, it's a work in progress... :-[

(I did correct a few more colors and changes some fields. I think it's clearer now and pretty easy to use. Colors make it clear as what fields are related to which item, etc. I there are too many colors, let me know. I can change that easily.)

Armando:
4th draft...
5th draft
It's much better.

[TO download the latest version go to my latest post : https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=22501.msg203422#msg203422]

superboyac:
There's no rush Armando!  But it's looking good.  I haven't had a chance to play with it too much.  I have noticed the buggy disappearing stuff that you mentioned.

I got used to the interface, and it's nice.  Very flexible.  I can have the heirarchy however simple or complex as I wish, I just have to assign items their function with the checkboxes.  What's the deal with refreshing?  Is there a way to have the grids with the linked content to automatically refresh or do I always have to use F5?

Armando:
If I don't do it now, I probably never will, so that's why I'm rushing a bit.

Refreshing ? It's always been like that. It's a DB thing... :)
F5 to refresh the state of a grid also allows avoid useless slowdowns.
In any case, it's part of IQ's development plan to automate refreshing as an option.

What do you mean by "linked content" ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version