ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

HyperSnap now installs toolbar, without asking?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Curt:
it takes so little to uninstall the thing and try again

cyberdiva:
I'm not going through that again, but what I think is, installation-as-portable correctly doesn't offer to install the toolbar because it knows that you don't want that on a portable installation.  Then it goes ahead and does it anyway.  But, author Greg Kochaniak has said he'll look into it.
-rjbull (April 21, 2010, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've found Greg to be very responsive to reports of problems.  I suspect he'll sort this out quickly.

J-Mac:
It does look like a true error. I asked about which type of installation because I suspected - as most probably did - that the portable installation was designed NOT to install or even offer the toolbar/search engine change etc. while the full installation IS intended to offer that stuff. Still appears that way, and it does sound like the developer pretty much said that. He sounds like an OK guy and will probably work with anyone to straighten the mixup out.

Thank you.

Jim

PhilB66:
I ran the installer (sandboxed), selected the portable option... HS6 autoinstalled the bigseekpro toolbar.

For a portable version... use 7-zip to extract the files from the installer and then delete unnecessary files (hstoolbar.exe, hstb.exe, etc.). Run the program, enter your key, configure and save (.ini file) in the application folder.

Darwin:
I hate installers that install these toolbars, even if it is "optional". My feelings about it remind me of an incident with my grandfather. An old Yorkshireman (he would have been around 92 at the time), I was making him lunch - a cheese sandwich. I asked if he would like mayonnaise on it and he barked at me:

"If I wanted a flaminng mayonnaise sandwich, I'd ask for a mayonnaise sandwich"

Says it all, really.

Miss my grandfather dreadfully... though I was scared Witless of him when I was young!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version