ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Most under-rated media player?

<< < (2/2)

superboyac:
SOmeone here mentioned a player called Light Alloy (for video files and DVD playback).  I tried it and it is really good.  Very lightweight and lots of customizable, powerful features.  The only problem is that it costs $30, which is a bit much considering that MPC is free and you've probably already payed for a DVD player.

As a sidenote, I think more developers should find a kind of middle ground as far as pricing of software goes.  There's a lot of good freeware out there, and there are a lot of good shareware programs that usually cost $30 and above.  But there isn't much in the $5-10 range, which is what would be attractive to a lot of guys like us who like cool little programs here and there, but don't want to shell out $30 a pop.  That's why this site is so cool, because we get a lot of useful little programs for however much we want to donate.  But you can't expect everyone to have the same philosophy as mouser (you're one of a kind, man).  Anyway, that's my rant for the day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version