ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Problems with fscript 1.20

<< < (3/4) > >>

ewemoa:
Thanks for the report.

In my testing recently based on a subset of reported plugins, I found that Clock and Timer (the one in CZB pack) didn't seem to get along.  I'm currently trying things out with FScript 1.20 -- I hope we can get that working.

IIUC, the older Timer is no longer maintained -- so it's kind of a "ticking bomb" or a "timer waiting to expire".  Perhaps we can try to get things working so it is not necessary :)

Would you mind moving the older Timer (not the CZB pack one) and Clock somewhere else (with FARR not running, move the Timer and Clock folders from directly under the Plugins directory somewhere outside of the Plugins directory) and seeing if things improve at all?  (If the Timer and Clock folders (or copies) are kept without deletion, I believe it should be possible to restore them.)

Also, in the FARR options window, there should be a Troubleshooting Log section.  If it's enabled, we might get some hints as to some plugins that FARR is encountering difficulties with.

What do you think?

Armando:
I'll start with your last question
What do you think?
-ewemoa (April 27, 2010, 05:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think I'll just try everything you suggested and report back.

But... If I may ask... What are the advantages of using 1.20 instead of 1.9 ?

In my testing recently based on a subset of reported plugins, I found that Clock and Timer (the one in CZB pack) didn't seem to get along.  I'm currently trying things out with FScript 1.20 -- I hope we can get that working.
--- End quote ---

I'll disable the clock and see...

IIUC, the older Timer is no longer maintained -- so it's kind of a "ticking bomb" or a "timer waiting to expire".  Perhaps we can try to get things working so it is not necessary :)

Would you mind moving the older Timer (not the CZB pack one) and Clock somewhere else (with FARR not running, move the Timer and Clock folders from directly under the Plugins directory somewhere outside of the Plugins directory) and seeing if things improve at all?  (If the Timer and Clock folders (or copies) are kept without deletion, I believe it should be possible to restore them.)
--- End quote ---

I'd be surprised if the old timer conflicted with the new one as it was deactivated. But who knows. I'll try.

Also, in the FARR options window, there should be a Troubleshooting Log section.  If it's enabled, we might get some hints as to some plugins that FARR is encountering difficulties with.
--- End quote ---

I'll enable that.

I don't think I'll be able to diagnose farr tonight, maybe in a few days -- as that involves replacing fscript everywhere again, moving files around etc. and it always takes longer than expected (I'm getting better at chronological guesstimates, but I'm not there yet...)

Armando:
BTW : how do you configure aliases (shortcut keys) for these fscript plugins ?
(Since you can't use the normal plugin interface.)

ewemoa:
But... If I may ask... What are the advantages of using 1.20 instead of 1.9 ?
-Armando (April 27, 2010, 06:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
My rough understanding is like this -- in the case of FScript, development is along a single line, the older stuff is generally less paid attention to / maintained.  I believe that most of the time, things get fixed and features get added, but that's usually taking place at or near the latest version for FScript.  If this understanding is off or in error in some way, may be ecardec (author of FScript) can clarify :)

I'd be surprised if the old timer conflicted with the new one as it was deactivated. But who knows. I'll try.

--- End quote ---
I didn't test this because I didn't find the older one.

Taking a step back for a moment, I think it might make sense to give some consideration to testing with less plugins first and gradually adding more back.  I think it is not too unusual for less pieces in the picture being simpler to understand and consider.  Alternatively, repeated bisection might be another approach (i.e. disable half of the plugins -- check for symptoms, if they still exist, choose half of the remaining half to disable -- check for symptoms, repeat until nothing is left or symptoms disappear with some plugins remaining).

Good luck with time-related things in the mean time:)

ewemoa:
BTW : how do you configure aliases (shortcut keys) for these fscript plugins ?
(Since you can't use the normal plugin interface.)
-Armando (April 27, 2010, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
The short version: I don't and I don't know how in a convenient way.

The longer version: I think it may be technically possible for FScript plugins to provide the ability to configure aliases, but specific FScript plugins may not.  In fact, not many (if any) may currently be
written this way.

Do you have specific ones you'd like to configure?  Depending on the case, it may not be too hard to make a change (this would be via editing an appropriate fscript.js file -- in the case of an FSubscript plugin (e.g. any CZB pack one) the file name may be different and the types of modifications may also differ).  A downside of this approach include that after updates, editing would likely have to happen again.  If you have a specific one in mind, may be we could take a look to see what might be involved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version