ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

NANY 2011 :: A New Concept -- Have your say!

<< < (13/14) > >>

Dormouse:
In the case of CircleDock, you know it's only very loosely associatedly with DC and the distance has always been there.
-lotusrootstarch (April 18, 2010, 05:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

IIRC, CircleDock only came about because of a competition on DC (although Eric clearly had the idea anyway).

One of the things that has distinguished CircleDock & Trout is not their meeting the criteria mentioned at the start of the thread, but the fact that they found enthusiastic supporters and developer enthusiasm was also maintained (even if, in the case of CD, it required new people to step in - thank you Markham & Dr Wicked & SgtEvMcKay). It is this continued development and support that is the mark of a successful program and that won't really be measurable at the end of a NANYaprocess, which may only have left just enough time to get a program out of the door.

As I'm not a coder, I've only just read this thread because of Mouser's How Can We Improve DonationCoder? thread and I'm not sure I really have much to say. I can see that finding different ways of making it interesting and stimulating to programmers would be good - and that probably does need some changes every year (if it is every year) - but highlighting the boring bits might not quite do that.

psionics:
would be more fun if the winners for NANNY '11 will have some token of prize(keychain medals etc..).. like requesting to some big companies out there to sponsor for the forum event. cross deal by having their company logo shown on the NANNY Event. Its worth a try, since you have so many members here and much higher reputation level.

also, would be nice if there's a sub-board for apps skinners.. to show the most cyber-exotic looks.. not just power apps..

Perry Mowbray:
One of the things that has distinguished CircleDock & Trout is not their meeting the criteria mentioned at the start of the thread, but the fact that they found enthusiastic supporters and developer enthusiasm was also maintained
-Dormouse (April 22, 2010, 08:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I always felt that that was a fairly random thing to happen (CD & Trout are absolutely fantastic -- but there were other good entries as well): each year it was interesting to see what entries attracted the most attention... and it didn't necessarily seem linked directly to the programme.

One aspect of NANY that I think is a shame is that the years go by and the previous entries are almost forgotten... but I'm not entirely sure that it's all customer voting by their feet... some of it I think has to be just not being made aware: there are some great programmes from previous years that would be good to have easy access to (well: easier access).

app103:
One aspect of NANY that I think is a shame is that the years go by and the previous entries are almost forgotten... but I'm not entirely sure that it's all customer voting by their feet... some of it I think has to be just not being made aware: there are some great programmes from previous years that would be good to have easy access to (well: easier access).
-Perry Mowbray (May 03, 2010, 11:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think in the days leading up to the unveiling of all current NANY application submissions, it might be nice in your update reports to pull some of the hidden gems from previous years and mention them. It would be like taking something old and making it new again.

Also, in the days leading up to Jan 1, mentioning various apps that have been contributed by members that were not/are not NANY submissions, but were created during the course of the year.

It would turn NANY into a year end wrap-up of all we have done in the past year, what we did for previous NANYs, and leading up to the fresh new year loaded with new apps.

We used to do a "best of" list with links to the best forum threads of the year: https://www.donationcoder.com/2008/

Perhaps if we took that approach with the software that has been created here during the year, it might give attention to some of the forgotten stuff.

cranioscopical:
it might be nice in your update reports to pull some of the hidden gems from previous years and mention them
-app103 (May 04, 2010, 01:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's a nice idea!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version