ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

NANY 2011 :: A New Concept -- Have your say!

<< < (11/14) > >>

cranioscopical:
GoCode or DoCode or DoCoGoCode
-nosh (April 19, 2010, 12:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
  ;D
CodyCode

or, for the winter insomniacs
Codin' by doze

wraith808:
I have real concerns that trying to do 2 similar events like this wouldn't spread ourselves too thin.

Another alternative we've discussed is for NANY to be an end of year celebration of ALL the new applications created over the last year by DC members.. this would include coding snacks and large applications, anything created in the last year.  It would be more of a showcase and celebration of what members have created.
-mouser (April 19, 2010, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that making the event focus on the whole year does exactly what you are trying not to do- spread things a bit thin.  Perhaps if we had another volunteer coordinator if it was too much for Perry, we could have things like app suggests- 2 cycles of apps per year, with one just starting as the other is winding down.  It *does* seem like traffic on DC picks up during the NANY season (though I could be wrong).  If it does, isn't NANY driving the growth of DC?

mouser:
Let's not worry about driving traffic.. let's worry about making the event worthwhile for participants and potential users of the programs.

We could do 2 "contests" a year, one for nany, which is a no-winner thing, and one for larger applications where we have prizes for winners (as we have done in the past).  Nany is a regular thing, the other has been ad-hoc.  We could make it a more regular things once per year.

Or we could just have one contest celebrating all of the new applications released in the year, and give prize to the biggest and best..

Veign:
Or we could just have one contest celebrating all of the new applications released in the year, and give prize to the biggest and best..
-mouser (April 19, 2010, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

The issue I see with NANY being a celebration of apps developed during the year is there no incentive, no push to get apps completed.   Without developing in a short time frame, at the end of the year, releasing the app by New Years Eve then everything NANY is is lost.  If that's where DC goes then the NANY tag should be retired and new new name used.

mouser:
I hear ya.. though i guess what i had in mind was still preserving the mad dash for people to create new programs at the end of the year.. while still recognizing those who had created stuff earlier in the year, and celebrating them all at an end-of-year wrap-up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version