ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

"Mail and/or RSS reader" screensaver?

<< < (3/5) > >>

allen:
Gmail does have an RSS feed--as long as the screensaver supports SSL/authenticated feeds.  There's a good chance the reader, in most cases, is using MSIE's rendering engine and xslt to grab/show the data -- so as long as you're logged into gmail in IE, the reader should be able to grab the gmail feed.

nudone:
I'd also like one that could show RSS feeds and one that could show a clock/calendar.
--- End quote ---

samurize is free http://www.samurize.com and will do a million and one things thanks to all the people writing plugins for it. there is an RSS plugin for it called RSS-Samurize which i've been playing around with for the last 5 minutes.

i've got donationcoder and digg RSS feeds coming up at present.

you could create a samurize screensaver that displayed RSS feeds, a clock, a calendar and several other meters or bits of information or even images. okay, it's not a click, click, done type of solution but if you want customisation then it's worth spending a few minutes or an hour or a day with samurize.

nudone:
okay, this isn't the most sophisticated screensaver ever but it didn't take long to create - it's just an example of what you can do with samurize.

i'll probably upload a final version when i've finished adding calendars and other meters - not entirely sure what samurize can do with the screensaver functions but it's got options for bump mapping and other crazy stuff.

mouser:
that is pretty cool nudone!
looking forward to downloading it when you get it done.

jgpaiva:
I like the idea of putting cody the bird next to the rss feed!
Impatientlly waiting for that screensaver, nunone ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version