ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

"Mail and/or RSS reader" screensaver?

<< < (2/5) > >>

hamradio:
Okay tried it out it appears to do ok for some feeds.  I might work on doing some stuff to it later on will just have to see.

tinyvillager:
You need MSN Desktop search to use it but...

http://screensaver.msn.com/ 

With the new MSN Screen Saver (Beta) you can:
Personalize with background photos and news and weather information from MSNĀ® or any RSS feeds from websites you choose.
Search the Web and click news headlines directly from the Screen Saver.
Stay connected with MSN HotmailĀ®, MSN Messenger, and MSN Spaces. Track how many unread Hotmail messages and current Messenger conversations you have, and display blogs and photos from your friends’ MSN Spaces.

Actually if you read the bottom of the page it states you don't need the Toolbar,i don't know :huh:

Updated in previous releases
The MSN Search Toolbar is now optional (v1.0.0810)
Some weather update and zip code issues resolved (v1.0.0810)
Improved help pages (v1.0.0810)

allen:
RSSmore has its shortcomings, it's young -- but it does a decent job with most feeds.  It's donation-ware, too ;)

m_s:
I tried the MSN one, and actually it's quite nice, and you don't need the Toolbar anymore either.  If only you could have it check gmail instead of hotmail...

Amadawn:
I tried the MSN one, and actually it's quite nice, and you don't need the Toolbar anymore either.  If only you could have it check gmail instead of hotmail...
-m_s (February 02, 2006, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think that it is possible to set an RSS feed to your Gmail account...

Angel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version