ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

UK amateur photographers: if you're good, don't use Boots!

<< < (5/6) > >>

Eóin:
I think it's more correct to say that had Ireland not been in the EU we would not have had such a boom time. And now it's not too much of a stretch to believe that were we not in the Euro we could well be in a situation like Iceland.

And boy has this thread gone off topic :D

Daleus:
Interesting story.

When I played Eve Online, I played with a fellow who worked for a Boots outlet.

According to him, management at all levels were a pack of ass hammers. In his case he was always being "spied on" while at work and eventually his stress level led him to quit.

higherstate:
What do people in the UK think of the new digital bill that is being passed?

I haven't looked at the detail yet but it seems to cover copyright & such like.

A a brief viewing it sounds like it is not quite as draconian as the gov't wanted... but still it has things such as a clause that allows the blocking of "a location on the internet which the court is satisfied has been, is being or is likely to be used for or in connection with an activity that infringes copyright".

bgd77:
I think that it is a good thing that courts are used. I think that this approach is ok. In the french version, if I remember correctly, there was a governmental agency that was able to close your internet connection. No court involved, not ok.

nudone:
I think that it is a good thing that courts are used. I think that this approach is ok. In the french version, if I remember correctly, there was a governmental agency that was able to close your internet connection. No court involved, not ok.
-bgd77 (April 16, 2010, 02:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
oh dear. so the UK isn't the most internet retarded place after all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version