ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

UK amateur photographers: if you're good, don't use Boots!

<< < (2/6) > >>

nudone:
i think we are the testing ground for the New World order - or maybe just the New Europe. Or maybe we are just a nice little island that's easy to control by big business.

bgd77:
Well, I leave in a country from the "New Europe" but I never heard of the things that happen in UK to be happening over here...

nudone:
Well, I leave in a country from the "New Europe" but I never heard of the things that happen in UK to be happening over here...
-bgd77 (April 14, 2010, 03:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
i sincerely hope it remains that way. i have no idea why this country is determined to head down the path of making Orwell's 1984 a reality - maybe it's as a tribute to the man, or we can just become a giant living theme park for the novel.

bgd77:
And I totally agree with JavaJones. It seems to me that our basic rights start to be less important, in certain circumstances, and this is not good. Probably denouncing this kind of behavior to a court of law would stop it.

bgd77:
-bgd77 (April 14, 2010, 03:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
i sincerely hope it remains that way. i have no idea why this country is determined to head down the path of making Orwell's 1984 a reality - maybe it's as a tribute to the man, or we can just become a giant living theme park for the novel.
-nudone (April 14, 2010, 04:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

My country is an ex-communist one. And I read 1984, there are some close resemblances of what happens in the novel with what happened. Your description is funny, but not so funny if you consider that it reflects what is currently happening.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version