ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

two-monitors ergonomics

<< < (4/14) > >>

mouser:
i just dragged the start menu taskbar to the side monitor -- and kept my primary monitor centered.

i *think* i did that so that applications that by default open on primary monitor would still open on my centered monitor.

i dont have any icons shown on my desktop, i use a launchbar for that (LaunchBar Commander), docked to the side of the screen.

urlwolf:
hmm. I don't understand.
So for these settings to work, you must do most of your work on the main monitor, and only use the sides (barely) with peripheral vision. Otherwise, your neck would be always twisted, which I don't think is a good thing.

nudone:
i use Ultramon too. i've also got a couple of buttons (10 button mouse) set to make the cursor jump to the next monitor along . i never thought about moving the taskbar though - might have to try that. i'm also still tempted to set up a virtual desktop to try and collect a few windows together.

i've not noticed any neck problems so far - if it happens i'll report back.

Stoic Joker:
I've got 2 monitors that sit side by side both angled slightly inward. I sit directly facing the the center point where they meet, with the taskbar on the left so the notification area is always in my field of view. Only time I have to move my head is to glance down at the keyboard - because I still can't type... *shrug*

I do however generally take my glasses off while computing, because the progressive lenses have a "viewing Channel" that requires you to move your head to avoid bluring/distortion. I may eventually need to get a pair of regular (non-progressive or bifocal) glasses for the comp but for now my mid range vision still works fine with the 1280 x 1024 resolution on the 2 17" 4:3 monitors I have.

urlwolf:
Thanks stoic Joker, I'm trying that.
@mouser: wow, 4 monitors...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version