ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"The More You Use Google, the More Google Knows about you"

<< < (10/18) > >>

Bamse:
I recently noticed a debate among locale marketing people who were a bit concerned about Google allowing opt-out of Analytics. But they seem to agree that only few people would even become aware of the option, like other opt-outs from advertising servers. They figured it was mainly a tactic move to prevent future law suits (from EU most likely). May be you would have more impact on the battle of clicks if you got hands dirty and became a Google expert? Hold them to their claims, make reasonable demands and complaints, enlighten the sheep?  

Remember that some see Google more as a defender of "info" than an enemy but that view might depend on geo-location - I mean which country you live in. The commercialized internet you hate might be best thing ever else where.

Also remember that computer and access to internet is not a human right which can be protected. From the moment you push ON button you are a consumer. That many in rich parts of the world need to be connected give food for thought of course. Politicians will have a plan :)

flyfox2100:
If you don't use google,you quit the internet and the computer, and the phone :P,just hidden in your house and sure no one can find you.

kartal:
If you don't use google,you quit the internet and the computer, and the phone :P,just hidden in your house and sure no one can find you.
-flyfox2100 (April 13, 2010, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

You know that is the same lame thought that has been brought up over and over again. Noone is talking about hiding in a cave :) The issues are not about living in fear

40hz:
that is the same lame thought that has been brought up over and over again
-kartal (April 13, 2010, 12:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ummm...

Maybe, going forward, we can all agree to leave words like "lame" out of our comments and responses?

It's just starting to get back to being civil in this thread. Let's not do anything to needlessly jeopardize that. Otherwise it's going to go right back to talking in circles with some of us getting royally pissed-off at our friends.

We can be passionate about something without also having to get angry over it.

Just a thought...  :) :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
And a good one. :thumbs:

I think that different people have varying opinions on the subject, and there has to be a middle ground.  It seems that not using google helps, though the viable alternatives that exist are few.  And it matters in those as to whether they are more or less likely to do anything untoward with the information (as some see even the profit off of such services an untoward situation).  Personally, on matters like that, it doesn't truly matter to me, either personally or collectively.  If they provide the service and I get to use it free of charge, then do what you will to stay in business, as long as it doesn't involve inconvenience or irritation to me.  And the same thing collectively as far as I'm concerned- everyone's got to make a dollar, and I have nothing against someone making it in this manner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version