ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Notes Snippet organizer

<< < (5/8) > >>

kfitting:
Yeah... a relational database with a GUI to set it up!  Basically I want the world and I realize that one program may not do everything I want... but dreaming is nice!!

The problem with every mindmap software I've tried (i've tried a bunch of the under $80 ones) is that they only do mindmaps.  Trees are great for most stuff, I just want more flexible trees.  The other stuff (flowchart, mindmap) stuff is merely where I'd like to get to eventually.  The other problem with these softwares is that their drawing interfaces are very clunky.  I have used other vector graphics programs and the mind mapping softwares go out of there to defy any "standards." 

But, in the end, I would settle for Keynote with:
- true hyperlinks in the editor pane
- true hyperlinks in the tree pane (as nodes)
- picture support (jpg, bmp, gif, png)
- built-in table support
- Filterable nodes
- ** not necessary but nice  ** simple spreadsheet grid nodetype

For all the other stuff, Keynote is absolutely awesome!

Kevin

rjbull:
I realize that one program may not do everything I want... but dreaming is nice!!
-kfitting (February 03, 2006, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was beginning to think that you wanted two diametrically opposite approaches combined in the same program  :)  Well, please let us know if TreeDBNotes eventually does the business.

One more that I don't recall having been mentioned on DC before:
WhizFolders,  http://www.whizfolders.com

kfitting:
I was beginning to think that you wanted two diametrically opposite approaches combined in the same program
-rjbull (February 06, 2006, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I do want that!  One program program to rule them all and in the darkness bind them!

Kevin

skywalka:
I have been using Take Note http://users.forthnet.gr/pat/efotinis/programs/takenote.html for a year or two.

I thought it was the only program that saved notes in a tree hierarchy & I love it.  It doesn't save pictures or allow you to click links however.

The biggest problem I've had with this program is rearranging the order of notes - It cannot be done.  I would like to rearrange notes by "drag & drop" & simply arranging alphabetically.  Can any of the other programs mentioned do this?

rjbull:
The biggest problem I've had with this program is rearranging the order of notes - It cannot be done.  I would like to rearrange notes by "drag & drop" & simply arranging alphabetically.  Can any of the other programs mentioned do this?
-skywalka (March 20, 2006, 07:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Skywalka,

I've only looked at a few programs, but most of them allow note rearrangement.  Really, that's pretty fundamental.  Take a look at these two freewares to start with;

Treepad Lite
Keynote

Treepad comes in several more advanced payware versions as well as the freeware Lite version.  For more on this whole class of programs, look at this (very long) DonationCoder thread on notetaking software
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2362.0;topicseen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version