ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Notes Snippet organizer

<< < (3/8) > >>

AbteriX:
Just found this on our german freeware board:
http://www.essential-freebies.de/board/viewtopic.php?t=10223&sid=202304fa883a72e90a73d087be0c724b

Name: SEO Note
Grösse: 1.5 MB
Homepage: http://www.seonote.com/
Downloadlink: http://www.seonote.com/download.php
Lizenz: Freeware
Screenshot: http://www.seonote.com/screenshots/seonote.gif
Standalone? Nein

SEO Note is one of the best freeware personal and business information manager for MicrosoftTM WindowsTM XP, 2000, NT, 98 and 95 systems.

Save all your personal and business notes in a single file, easily organise them and make your life easier. Stop spending your life searching for phone numbers, names, plans and ideas!

Our mission is to help you to be successful in your life and business, hobbies and education, cooperation and personal relations.

SEO Note is freeware. It means that you can use it for free, send it to your friends, colleagues,
neighbours and relatives. It contains no adware, spyware or other harmful pieces of code.
We respect your privacy!
--- End quote ---

rjbull:
kfitting,

Another interesting project that I've been watching is neomem.  Go to neomem.org and then check the blog and the forum for the latest news.
-kfitting (February 01, 2006, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does NeoMem have good I/O features?  It would be nice if it could import Treepad Lite/Keynote files, for example, and export things in properly indented format, and/or some way of marking nodes and their levels so that other programs could pick them up.  Nicer still if it was possible to make a "universal" file-format converter for these things...

And, I'd really like an indexed (for fast searching) program with good Boolean logic (for precise searching).  No end to wishful thinking <sigh>

kfitting:
I dont use Neomem for it's current lack of I/O features.  However, the author is working on this for his next release (well, export first, import next) and I know it's high on the priority list for the future in any event.  Not using Neomem, I am not able to comment on how it works currently...

Right now is an interesting time for this type of program.  Many people are realizing their value and adding different features.  Unfortunately finding one with all the features you want is tough. 

Add TreeDBNotes to the list of Keynote replacements.  I took a look at this one and if "Novo Libero" or Neomem do not take off, I am seriously considering it.  The pro version comes with a highly accurate Keynote import.  Basically it's Keynote with table and hyperlink support and a database backend.  Unfortunately, they dont take the database to its logical next step which is the use of nodes as filters and make notes have properties.  This is what I'm waiting for!  (http://www.mytreedb.com/)

Kevin

rjbull:
Right now is an interesting time for this type of program.  Many people are realizing their value and adding different features.  Unfortunately finding one with all the features you want is tough. 
-kfitting (February 02, 2006, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

The downside is going to be too many similar programs all with different and incompatible file formats, so once you're committed, it will be very hard to change.

Add TreeDBNotes to the list of Keynote replacements. 

--- End quote ---

Both a "lite" free version and a (presumably freely-distributable) viewer, too.  That's good; I'd prefer something that was all-free, partly because of cost to me, especially if I want to have copies at home and at work, but a free viewer would be a help if the program isn't itself free.  I see Maple has that, too.

I took a look at this one and if "Novo Libero" or Neomem do not take off, I am

--- End quote ---

It looks too early to commit to either of those, especially "Novo Libero!"

which is the use of nodes as filters and make notes have properties.

--- End quote ---

I don't understand those features, which probably means I don't need them  ;)

Have you tried the SEO Note that Stefan mentioned, and if so, how does it compare with the others?

There's also a free "lite" version of Action Outline now, but it looks too "lite" to be very useful.  If I read it correctly, nodes can only have up to seven child nodes.  Better viewed as an unlimited-time trial, perhaps.

Really, I don't need an organiser so much as a free-text database.  But those are rare, expensive, and complex.

m_s:
Nobody has mentioned the possibility of using some kind of Wiki, either online or locally...  For some reason I'm finding it impossible to run Instiki on either of my machines, though they claim it's really easy - I guess I've not given it the right kind of attention yet, but when I run it and try to access localhost:2500 nothing happens...  But I have used PBWiki, which runs online, and gives free accounts - that's working quite well for me to store things I might need access to from anywhere.  And then I use Tom Revell's Stickies (www.zhornsoftware.co.uk) for all the myriad little notes I type as I go, and the Firefox Scrapbook extension for webpages.  Stickies is really worth a look - I used it a few years ago and dumped it, but it's come along so far now!  I think it's great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version