ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Video Editing software - Any recommendations?

<< < (3/15) > >>

IQLover:
I can honestly say that I have tried at least 10-15 Video editing Software; the result is that most of them was too difficult 4 me 2 use or wasn't doing the job as I wanted. Now I am using AVS Video Editor for Months & I am very satisfied with it (I learned how to use it in about 8-10 minutes!) :Thmbsup:

There's 2 things though I do NOT like, but it still is the best solution to me so far...

1) Sound editing is NOT what it should be
2) The CPU-usage is too high during encoding

Apart of these 2 things I can really recomend it  :up:

sajman99:
... Now I am using AVS Video Editor for Months & I am very satisfied with it (I learned how to use it in about 8-10 minutes!) :Thmbsup:...
-IQLover (April 10, 2010, 07:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you mean this site, it looks like the NCH Software site in that they have software for everything under the sun.

Since I don't want another NCH pita experience, I have to ask...
-Did you pay for the software?
-Are ads incorporated into the software?
-Are offers for additional software commonly encountered?
-Do they use install on demand?
-Anybody know the WOT (or similar) rating of this site?

Thanks for any responses. :) I'm just trying to avoid an unpleasant experience like the one I had with NCH's VideoPad.

IQLover:

1)-Did you pay for the software?
2)-Are ads incorporated into the software?
3)-Are offers for additional software commonly encountered?
4)-Do they use install on demand?
5)-Anybody know the WOT (or similar) rating of this site?

Thanks for any responses. :) I'm just trying to avoid an unpleasant experience like the one I had with NCH's VideoPad.

--- End quote ---

1) that is none of your concerns :-) But they even have a refund policy
2) NO
3) NO
4) I do not know what 'IOD' means; the Software installes several components (without asking you) BUT! you can uninstall them immediatelly after installation is complete without problems (in case you do not want/ need them, as it is in my case :Thmbsup:
Those are: Updater, YouTube uploader and Screen recorder - I do not need any of them so I simply uninstalled them

Hope this helped

PS: 4 me is also important that this is NOT an US-Company!

Curt:
1)-Did you pay for the software?

--- End quote ---
1) that is none of your concerns :-)
-IQLover (April 10, 2010, 08:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

The question may have been misunderstood or at least poorly formed. On the homepage I see no other way to get the Video Editor than to buy ("subscribe to") the hole package, $59 (plus VAT)(or $39 for a year); so I think the question in question could be: is it really worth all that money, this AVS Video Editor? Or did you "subscribe to" a stand-alone version that maybe is cheaper?

Secondly, it is perfectly okay to question that particular site, as they for several years have had the one and same advert  as they have now: "70% Off! Final Offer! In April only!" Only the name of the month has ever been changed...

sajman99:
Yep, Curt--you nailed it with question #1. It was poorly formed on my part--basically I was just trying to figure out how many $$ AVS Video Editor actually costs.

Any time I encounter a site loaded with software and "special offers" I tend to get a bit skeptical/nervous. I learned long ago--if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is.

Thanks very much IQLover for taking the time to respond to my concerns. To be honest, I'm the picky sort who dislikes uninstalling software I never wanted in the first place. So I guess I'll be taking a pass on this AVS Video Editor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version