ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

O&O DiskStat 2 Pro (Easter promo)

<< < (3/6) > >>

Darwin:
Dang! Thanks for letting us know that, Carol. It used to drive me nuts, to the point where I've been skipping upgrades so that I can avoid the uninstallation hoop-jumping. Guess I should do my due diligence before I fire from the hip, eh?!

Anyway, more on topic, I don't have a problem with .Net, either. It used to irk me because it seemed very resource intensive years back, but I don't notice it's there anymore...

rjbull:
Personally I don't feel exorcised about .Net any more
-Carol Haynes (April 06, 2010, 01:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Was that a Freudian slip?

Carol Haynes:
Probably a Freudian slip that has avalanched ;)

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Plus we have JavaRa for removing early Javas.

The point is, as I understand it .. you cannot be sure of removing the earlier Nets.  Unpredicatable results will occur, you cannot trust if a program designed for 1.5 will work under 3.0 etc.   If this is wrong, share away.

Shalom,
Steven

Darwin:
The point is, as I understand it .. you cannot be sure of removing the earlier Nets.  Unpredicatable results will occur, you cannot trust if a program designed for 1.5 will work under 3.0 etc.   If this is wrong, share away.
-Steven Avery (April 06, 2010, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah - I see your point. It is adviseable to have ALL versions of .net installed lest some application or another insist on it... I dunno, my harddrive - even on my notebook - is vast and I don't sweat that anymore, either... Though I do like to run my computer with (relatively) few applications installed these days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version