ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Sagelight Image Editor - pay what you want promo (Apil 2010)

<< < (22/32) > >>

J-Mac:
Rob,

It may be less confusing to name all modes something like "Basic" and "Advanced", with basic using mostly default, common settings and Advanced being much more user-configurable. For non-experienced users Basic would be desireable, while users with more experience would most likely have a lot of detailed settings they want to change from Basic.

Just a thought.

Thank you.

Jim

Lutz_:
Hi Rob,
I would suggest to keep the nomenclature as short and distinct as possible. As Jim suggested, Basic and Advanced modes are just fine but perhaps a bit boring. I do not have a good idea of your planned UI design but I cannot associate anything meaningful with "Kayak mode" although the name is certainly attractive.  Reducing the current nomenclature to Quick mode and Pro mode would at least spare the users one or two redundant words each time. But are these two modes the only ones or are there any others?

cmpm:
Instead of two different modes, I was thinking two different menu choices.
Basic and Advanced, or Quick and Detailed, depending on your thoughts of how to satisfy two groups of users.
The main idea is just to change the menu layout and not having two programs.
Just one program with simple and advanced menus.

Dormouse:
For 2 different modes, you could also consider Auto Vs Manual (photogs, at least, have a clear idea of this difference).

I would also suggest that, if you want to aim at two different demographics, you do have two somewhat different programs. Extra features will be needed in the complex one (eg emphasis on raw), but possibly also the UI, given the different levels of expertise and interest and features wanted. This is one area that I think Adobe do quite well with PS & PSE (and even + LR as a different prog that uses some of the same technology). It means that each target gets the product they need focused on their needs without one of them being an afterthought.

Curt:
Special Sale!

Get a lifetime version of Sagelight for just $39.95 (limited time)
Buy Sagelight Image editor now for $39.95 and get a lifetime license with free upgrades.

Why the Sale?

What better way to introduce you to the power of Sagelight? Sagelight is getting compared to editors like Lightroom, et. al., more and more these days... There will be a pre-4.0 release very soon, and the price will raise to $79.95 upon the initial 4.0 release.  -Sagelight homepage
--- End quote ---

His blog was last updated November 14, 2010, so something is going on. Other than that it is difficult for me to see if Sagelight 4 is going to become a reality any time soon, or never. Should I take the lifetime offer?
 :tellme:

Edited: I already have the 3.1 Gizmo version.

http://sagelighteditor.wordpress.com/
http://www.sagelighteditor.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version