ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Which prize would you choose?

<< < (5/5)

J-Mac:
I'm truly fascinated by the amount of people who would actually choose neither.
-Eóin (April 17, 2010, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Really? I approached this as if it were a real contest. I don’t enter contests as a rule; I have found that in virtually ALL cases the contest runners are looking to get something from me rather than give something away just because.  :)  With the usually poor odds of winning it just is not worth it to me.

Thanks!

Jim

40hz:
I'm truly fascinated by the amount of people who would actually choose neither.
-Eóin (April 17, 2010, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me too! I did not expect that at all.
-app103 (April 17, 2010, 02:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah that is odd. I've heard of risk adverse, but non-risk adverse?

Not that it would matter in my case. I've earned my share of awards. But won prizes? No. In my entire life I have never won a free anything. Not a single contest, raffle, giveaway, or door prize.

I sometimes suspect the main reason I still occasionally buy a raffle ticket for a worthy cause is to see if this trend will remain unbroken rather than for my stated reason, which is: "to support the cause."

Otherwise, wouldn't I just make the contribution and not take a ticket if that were so?  ;)

;D

app103:
In my entire life I have never won a free anything. Not a single contest, raffle, giveaway, or door prize.
-40hz (April 17, 2010, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe you should try this one next month. I have had excellent luck with it in the past.  ;)

Fred Nerd:
I chose $1000 before reading the comments.
Reasoning was:
$1000 is, of course, more tempting, but on anything a bit strange, we tend to shy away to dodge 'the catch'. SO I figured people would do that, and I coud go for the original choice with good odds.
Then I voted and found out I would have done my 'opportunity'(since can't say 'done my money') again......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version