ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Question - Does anyone know of such a program? - Data organizer

<< < (4/7) > >>

wales:
Josh

Give Mind Jet Mind Manager a try.  You can link to word docs, excel etc also to webpages.  You can also add notes and links to folders + more.  "http://www.mindjet.com/products/overview"  Trial available.

wales

JohnFredC:
Hi
My favorite is MHSoftware's InfoStore...

It's paradigm is an hierarchical tree of folders, notes, and data tables.  Not the most full featured of tools, but fantastic at quick and dirty which, honestly, is what I need mostly.

As a programmer/developer, I can honestly say that InfoStore's keyboard interface is the best I have ever encountered.  In the beginning I was put off by it for reasons you will understand if you try the software, but after a while I acquired a taste for it.  The design is minimal-key-strokes-necessary... most of you understand how hard that is to architect.

Highly recommended.

I used SQLNotes (now InfoQube, I guess) and wanted to like it so much... but it does not support the hierarchical organization of tables and documents... a serious failing, IMO.

The best tool for these kinds of things is MS Access, though.  An experienced software guy can do this sort of thing relatively easily:

Question - Does anyone know of such a program? - Data organizer

The problem is that if you are not a developer experienced in building application GUI's, even though Access is easy to use, you still end up with the Access interface which, post Access 2003, frankly sucks.  Access XP is the best, IMO. 

How did the Visual Studio RAD environment paradigm succeed anyway?  I hate it.

Armando:
I used SQLNotes (now InfoQube, I guess) and wanted to like it so much... but it does not support the hierarchical organization of tables and documents... [...]
-JohnFredC (April 10, 2010, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

What do you mean ?

tymrwt33:
Ultra Recall

tomos:
My favorite is MHSoftware's InfoStore...

It's paradigm is an hierarchical tree of folders, notes, and data tables.  Not the most full featured of tools, but fantastic at quick and dirty which, honestly, is what I need mostly.

As a programmer/developer, I can honestly say that InfoStore's keyboard interface is the best I have ever encountered.  In the beginning I was put off by it for reasons you will understand if you try the software, but after a while I acquired a taste for it.  The design is minimal-key-strokes-necessary... most of you understand how hard that is to architect.

Highly recommended
-JohnFredC (April 10, 2010, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

that sounded interesting, so I went to have a look & clicked on buy to see the price - but link was dead - so I emailed site. Answer was:
I regret that InfoStore is not currently being sold; but expressions of interests are recorded, and we will contact you again if we decide to release an upgraded version.
--- End quote ---

PS I dont understand your InfoQube comment either...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version