ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to repair BROWSEINFO lpbi ?

(1/2) > >>

Curt:
More and more programs are crashing on me when I navigate them to a folder in Vista and click 'open'. Until now no program has told me why they crashed, but finally Microsoft AutoCollage told something about the reason: "error detail:
System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.Shell32.SHBrowseForFolder(BROWSEINFO lpbi)".
Whatever that means.

Does any one have a clue?
And maybe even an idea on how to fix this?

---
- no, I don't have an installation-CD to "repair Vista" with.

hpearce:
I assume you googled http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.Shell32.SHBrowseForFolder(BROWSEINFO+lpbi)&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Curt:
- yes, but they seemed all to be for software authors.
At least  I didn't understand any of it.

The closest I came was the answer to a related but not identical problem:

A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem that this article describes. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Product $upport $ervices to obtain the hotfix.
--- End quote ---

Somewhere somehow I get the impression that the error has to do with .NET Framework. Only thing is, my Frameworks (1.1 and 3.5 SP1) have apparently not been changed recently.

hpearce:
that was my impression too

f0dder:
I wouldn't be surprised if it's caused by some buggy 3rd-party explorer shell extension.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version