ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone familiar with Oops!Backup?

<< < (12/20) > >>

Darwin:
I really LIKED GTL, when it was working. It's odd, because it was a MUCH larger download than Oops!Backup, yet it felt a bit lighter, in some indefineable (ie I can't justify this observation) way. Also, I found it to be even simpler to use the Oops!Backup. It certainly isn't as "pretty" (WRT GUI) as Oops!Backup...

My bottom-line: download the trial, backup one small folder and see how stable it is. Even better, see if you can download an earlier build, set it to watch/backup one small folder, and then try to use the notification area tray icon to update it and see what happens.

Darwin:
Doh! After the latest backup, Oops!Backup is using 168 MB/180 MB (Private/Working Set) memory on my system... I've noticed no adverse performance hit or anything, and can't say what usage went to during the backup. I only noticed this because when I checked before I left TM open in the background with the OopsBackup.Engine.exe process highlighted and noticed the huge increase in memory usage when I maximized TM to shut it down.

Personally, I'm not really bothered/worried about this, but though Armando should know!

Armando:
Thanks Darwin,
Yes this is more like what I'm seeing.
In any case, if oops performs really well and doesn't bother me otherwise, RAM usage shouldn't be too much of a problem. Still it's a lot of RAM to be constantly taken (oops runs all the time in the background).
CPU usage -- a much more important variable in my case -- is minimal though, which is great.

Armando:
So far I like it. No problems whatsoever. A rare thing in computer land.

Now, like I said in a previous post, I just need to know if it'd be possible to somehow archive versions on DVDs (instead of just deleting them). I'd really really doubt so...

Anybody has some element of answer ? Otherwise, I'll directly register to the forum and ask...
(And if nothing is possible, I might do some home brewed versionning with syncback.)

MerleOne:
If you use the Reverse Delta feature, I guess that would be difficult (old version don't exist any longer, just the delta with the last version - or maybe it's incremental).  And it you turn it off, you lose one of OB main feature !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version