ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone familiar with Oops!Backup?

<< < (10/20) > >>

Armando:
Thanks to both of you.
That might not be enough redundancy for me... Still have 3 h left to "make up my mind" (this will be a "spontaneous" decision anyway as I don't want to over analyze this... Might as well just buy then)

J-Mac:
Yeah, but that lack of redundancy won't be a problem on my daughter's computer. I bought 3 licenses - btw they give you an even larger discount when buying three - and I also plan to install it on my wife's computer.

Thanks!

Jim

Armando:
Bought it !  :)
Now need to find the time to actually install and configure it... Shouldn't be that long.
(3 licences ? Nice. I could've / should've done that, maybe. Next time.)

J-Mac:
Yeah, three licenses cost me a total of $46.50. Not bad at all!

Jim

MerleOne:
In Oops!Backup 3 there is an option to setup a 2nd Backup Drive. I haven't done this so I'm not sure how this works... Reading merleone's post, I guess this means that multiple drives = multiple FULL backups/discrete backups (mail on E:, docs on F: system on G: or something like that)?
-Darwin (October 11, 2010, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, not actually : the typical use case is the following.  You define the set of folders you want to backup, for instance... My Documents.  This folder and subfolder are saved with the schedule you define onto a first external HDD, including file revisions.  Then, you connect also a second HDD and you synchronize the first HDD onto the second one (both have to be connected).  The first HDD remains the backup HDD, the second HDD is the mirror backup of the backup HDD.  You cannot switch (I guess you might in a future version).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version