ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone familiar with Oops!Backup?

<< < (9/20) > >>

J-Mac:
Thanks Armando.

Barring any negative replies in the next couple of hours here, I will probably go ahead and get this for her. At the Bits price it's hard to go that wrong.  :)

Jim

Darwin:
I love Oops!Backup and regret spending the money on Genie Timeline Pro (I've listed my beefs with that application in this and other threads)... I have not had a problem so far. If you read the comments on the BDJ page for the Oops!Backup deal, DC's onw merleone has this to say:

I have a license since a while ago, when OB was just out of beta.  It has been working flawlessly since then, updates are easy and the latest major upgrade was offered free of charge.  What else !

I appreciate the fact that the latest version can be recovered without any additional software, contrarily to other solutions
--- End quote ---

Of course, I suspect you've already read it as it looks like you posted right after him  ;D

Armando:
Darwin... I have one question "if you have the time".
Can you backup on 2 different hard drives or create different backup jobs ?  (e.g. : one day I'd plug one ext. hard drive and it would backup to it, the other I'd plug the other one, etc. Or something like that...)

MerleOne:
Darwin... I have one question "if you have the time".
Can you backup on 2 different hard drives or create different backup jobs ?  (e.g. : one day I'd plug one ext. hard drive and it would backup to it, the other I'd plug the other one, etc. Or something like that...)
-Armando (October 11, 2010, 02:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, not at the moment at least.  There is a single backup job, towards a single destination, *but* you can now replicate the backup'ed files to a secondary destination.  However you may only backup to the first destination.

Darwin:
In Oops!Backup 3 there is an option to setup a 2nd Backup Drive. I haven't done this so I'm not sure how this works... Reading merleone's post, I guess this means that multiple drives = multiple FULL backups/discrete backups (mail on E:, docs on F: system on G: or something like that)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version