ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone familiar with Oops!Backup?

<< < (8/20) > >>

Darwin:
Well, well, well... Oops!Backup 3 will be on BDJ on October 11th for $18.50.

Armando:
Cool. Now let's see if I really need it.  :)

J-Mac:
-Darwin (October 05, 2010, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Howdy! I was just looking hard at Oops Backup. My daughter was going to buy a USB drive with autobackup software from QVC - I forget the name but it looked like a whole lot of money for a very weak, simple backup solution. Instead I bought a 1 TB Iomega drive for her for a song at Amazon and have been looking for a solid but easy-to-use backup program to set up for her. She is techy enough to do basic tasks on her computer but not quite enough that I would feel comfortable installing Acronis, Genie, or even Backup4All on her box. (I don’t want to be over there all the time with it!)

Oops looks like it might be perfect for her machine. Heck, I might even get another license and try it on my main rig. I run Acronis and Jungle Disk here. I did have Genie Pro 8 installed but removed it after its last series of mistakes.

Still recommending Oops strongly?

Thanks!

Jim

Armando:
I'm still hesitating myself. Not that it's expensive... But buying new software also means more software testing. SyncBack works well, even if a bit on the slow side (no delta backup). Oops seems very well put together and fast... hmmmm...

Armando:
-Darwin (October 05, 2010, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Howdy! I was just looking hard at Oops Backup. My daughter was going to buy a USB drive with autobackup software from QVC - I forget the name but it looked like a whole lot of money for a very weak, simple backup solution. Instead I bought a 1 TB Iomega drive for her for a song at Amazon and have been looking for a solid but easy-to-use backup program to set up for her. She is techy enough to do basic tasks on her computer but not quite enough that I would feel comfortable installing Acronis, Genie, or even Backup4All on her box. (I don’t want to be over there all the time with it!)

Oops looks like it might be perfect for her machine. Heck, I might even get another license and try it on my main rig. I run Acronis and Jungle Disk here. I did have Genie Pro 8 installed but removed it after its last series of mistakes.

Still recommending Oops strongly?

Thanks!

Jim
-J-Mac (October 11, 2010, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

If she doesn't have a backup solution, I'd buy Oops for sure. Reviews are great and it seems 1- powerful, 2- easy to setup and use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version