ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone familiar with Oops!Backup?

<< < (7/20) > >>

Darwin:
Does Oops!Backup fully support Unicode? The word 'Unicode' is not mentioned on their site, not even in the otherwise amazing user guide.
 :tellme:
-Curt (September 26, 2010, 04:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what you are looking for, Curt (ie unicode in the GUI or ability to backup unicode documents?) - I  have unicode documents (in Korean) that are backed up just fine, though. Unicode file names are also displayed correctly within the Oops!Backup "Go back in time" screen, too  :Thmbsup:

Curt:
- :up:
Julian Pace Ross, an employee of Altaro Software, replied to "Unicode support?", a question about Altaro Software. >>Yes it does. Also filenames up to 32768 chars in length on the destination.<<
--- End quote ---

Curt:
...I have a Genie Timeline Pro license but just uninstalled it in disgust. ...-Darwin (September 07, 2010, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

-the latest update from Genie is marked as a *Very Important Update*...

The latest build of Genie Timeline 2.1: 2.1.7.329 has been released and it contains the following updates:

·         Enhanced: auto-exclude functionality.

·         Enhanced: file monitor service.

·         Fixed: backing up from network drive when disconnected.

·         Fixed: 99% protection level due to continuously pending files.
--- End quote ---

Darwin:
I downloaded the GTL update yesterday morning, but haven't installed it (and probably won't). I might install it on a different machine to see how it goes, but none of the listed updates will solve the problem that drove me to distraction and to removing it (mostly, the updates themselves corrupting my installation). FWIW, the download was over 160MB, Oops!Backup is 17.2MB...

Curt:
I downloaded the GTL update .... the download was over 160MB, Oops!Backup is 17.2MB... -Darwin (September 30, 2010, 07:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

-ouch!!!

Reminds me very much of ABBYY Screenshot Reader being 200 MB, Boxoft Screen OCR being 10 MB, and they do the one and same thing...

I am downloading Oops now to see why I don't already have it ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version