ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone familiar with Oops!Backup?

<< < (3/20) > >>

Curt:
Next test is Genie Timeline.
-barney (April 18, 2010, 08:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

So, barney, what do you have to say about Genie Timeline?
The Home version is today's offer on giveawayoftheday...

barney:
Thanks for the heads up :Thmbsup:.

While I've seen good reviews of Genie Timeline, it didn't do too well on my system.  Seemed to be always active, causing excessive CPU activity.  'Course, that's an empirical judgement, but 'bout the only kind I can make  :(.  GT just couldn't seem to coexist with something else on the system.

On a slightly different tack, I kinda stay away from GOTD:  any necessity for a reinstall kills most all their products.  Prolly OK for many users, but I tend to introduce system instabilities - read reinstalls - on a regular basis  :wallbash: ;D.

Curt:
... I tend to introduce system instabilities - read reinstalls - on a regular basis  :wallbash:
-barney (July 21, 2010, 08:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

- been there, done that - so I know the situation

or should it say, am there, doing that ?

;D

Anyway, I tried it, but didn't like it.

sajman99:
What a terrible name for a backup program! ;D Somehow the serious task of "backing up" & Oops just doesn't match. I can't believe there was a marketing meeting where they actually picked that name. I would love to know the other names that Oops beat out. I'm guessing Oops narrowly surpassed Sometimes Works Backup. :P

It's kinda like if I'm getting a haircut and the barber utters Oops--not a good vibe at all.  :)

barney:
<chortle /> While I can kinda, sorta see their naming logic - dare I call it logic? - I'm in full agreement with that sentiment.  The barber shop analogy has happened to me.  Guess I should be glad it wasn't day surgery  :D?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version