ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

updating Firefox plugins sucks!

<< < (6/10) > >>

Curt:
- TrimAll will do the job and close again within a second. Click & Forget.  :-*

bleh75:
Nice  8) Ya it opened and closed so fast I wasn't sure.Sure enough all my memory usage went down thx.Good app.  :Thmbsup: What does the trimws.exe do btw thx .

J-Mac:
- it actually has been corrected to 'recovery' - at least on your link's page.
-Curt (March 28, 2010, 05:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I was reading off the Add-0ns dialog within Firefox itself.

Thanks!

Jim

Deozaan:
I recently had 9 tabs open in Chrome and the Windows Task Manager showed exactly 30 processes named "Chrome", each taking from 35 to 50 MB of RAM. Crazy!-J-Mac (March 27, 2010, 10:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm guessing you have lots of Chrome extensions? I think that each extension runs as its own "chrome.exe" process, just like each tab does. This way (at least in theory) if an extension or a tab crashes, it can be shut down without crashing the entire browser.

I currently have 3 tabs open and 7 extensions, and my PC shows that 14 Chrome processes are running. I'm not sure what the other 4 are for. But only half of those processes are using more than 10MB, none reaching 50MB, and most of the other half are well below 5MB, some even below 1MB of RAM.

J-Mac:
I believe that I have 4 Chrome extensions. I had a couple of others but they didn't do much so I removed them. I have no idea what the heck all the processes are doing or why they are there. I have seen others complaining about this or similar at other forums + Google Groups but no one has any definitive answers; just speculation. As usual Google isn't talking.

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version