ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

updating Firefox plugins sucks!

<< < (4/10) > >>

Curt:
if you want Firefox or any other application to use less memory right here and now, you will at any time be better off using f0dder's TrimAll. Click it and Firefox will AT ONCE go down from say 130MB to less than 10MB. (Of course it will then rise again.) TrimAll really is superior to CleanMem and all the others. Very fine work, f0dder!

Direct link to exe: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2794.0;attach=17116

Here you go :)

"trimall.exe" automatically trims all processes, has no GUI or status indication or whatever (thus the small size). It still won't trim system processes.
-f0dder (April 20, 2007, 08:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Tuxman:
For me it does nothing.  :huh:

Curt:
@tuxman > Quote: "No GUI, no nothing", meaning there is nothing to see unless you are watching via your task / process manager 'Memory Use' Before/After. TrimAll wil AT ONCE lower the total memory use with approx 20 %

Tuxman:
I read that there is no GUI, but my Firefox did not decrease in any way, so I was just wondering...  :)

Curt:
I did the test with Firefox just before posting, so I used the real values; my Firefox went from 130MB to 10MB in a second. Then it started building up again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version