ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Explorer right click menu without right clicking?

<< < (2/4) > >>

skwire:
never used an app key to be honest(my spare buttons are generally rigged up for other stuff), and I am on a laptop most of the time nowadays. Is that what it does ? Again though I do not want mouse button simulation. If the app button is a real menu button then it should be possible to call the appkey code in AHK.
-kartal (March 24, 2010, 01:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

The Apps key will bring up the context menu for the focused application.  I understood your original query to be different than this.  I understood it to be that you wanted the Explorer context menu no matter what other application you happened to be working in.  Can you clarify?

AndyM:
I understood your original query to be different than this.  I understood it to be that you wanted the Explorer context menu no matter what other application you happened to be working in.
-skwire (March 24, 2010, 02:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you had several Explorer windows open, on which unfocused window would the menu work?  Desktop?

Curt:
as mwb1100 said: Shift+F10

Shift-F10 is also a pretty standard keyboard shortcut for bringing up the context menu for the selected item.
-mwb1100 (March 24, 2010, 02:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

kartal:
Hi

thanks for all the great replies. My main problem is that I work with VPN drives-folder-files alot and mouse right click on those folders can be quite painful and slow because I think Windows tries to cache the files or does some other thing I do not know. So I am hoping to bypass the way Windows does the right click and just get the damn right click menu without prior processing. At least that is my basic idea.

I will try above sugesstions

cmpm:
I think I understand.....

Like 'folders view' on the left of explorer,
you would like the right click options to be similar.
Or even a button to push like folders view,
and have a right click view button.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version