ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE - IDEA: modify system path (System Path Commander)

<< < (4/7) > >>

Scott:
I personally did know the difference between the App Paths key and the %path% env var...  Just thought I'd mention those utils in case someone found them applicable to their problem.  Sorry if it didn't fit here.

Dragonrider:
I have a problem / pet peeve with System Path Commander.  It's not with the handling of paths though.  It's the UI.

My pet peeve is that alot of coders Ass-U-Me that everyone out there has a light background & dark characters for their desktop default colors.  This is not the truth for those of us who are visually impaired & need the high contrast of light colored characters on a dark background.  System Path Commander Ass-U-Mes this.  It is a totally useless program for me because the white characters I use are unreadable on the light blue background.

Flame Off

Is it possible to change the interface to use system default colors?  Or at least to let me define what colors are going to be used in the interface.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Dragonrider

mouser:
ill pass this along to chr, i'm sure he will change it (or add option to change it).
personally i love the blue background..

it seems this touched a raw nerve with you :) - just don't get mad at chr, im sure he didnt realize that there would be issues for visually impaired..

so here's a question for you, in spc, it uses 2 alternative colorings to indicate that an entry is either invalid (red) or changed (gree),
are those also unreadable, and if so, what would you recommend from a visually imparied standpoint, regarding colors..

chr15:
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

As KC indicated this is a valid point for users with different visual needs, and as such there will be v1.18 with Colour configuration, I will implement this when I get home tonight, and hopefully it will be on line in 12hrs or so.

Chr15

chr15:
Hi,

v1.18 of spc has been uploaded to mouser, now you just have to wait until, mouser has processed it.

You can now customize the colours to your personal taste or needs :)

Chr15

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version