ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

MakeMKV beta 1.6.15

<< < (4/9) > >>

MilesAhead:
The salient phrase being "if one purchases a lifetime license" which implies there's a non lifetime licensed, which is what I'm talking about.

MakeMKV is a one shot registration fee.  Big difference.
Since you don't want to buy either I don't understand the nitpicking.

Whatever the pricing scheme it's likely to change now that there's competing products.
The point being, for one price MakeMKV does the decrypting, makes a backup, and also can produce titles as individual .mkv files where you can select the audio and subtitle streams you want to keep.  Does more for less is the point.

MilesAhead:
MakeMKV 1.58 beta has been released.  For some reason videohelp.com gets updated before the MakeMKV forum:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MakeMKV

MilesAhead:
I tried this latest version on a couple of my conventional DVDs.  Worked very smoothly.  I could pull out the main movie with the subtitle track and audio I wanted very easily.

As a bonus it turns out my WD set top box will display the VobSub streams in an .mkv file.

Bionic71:
thanks miles, i've tried makemkv for a while @my netgear eva9150 streaming & storage, the program works really great and as you said it's a onetime fee, price is fine.

normally i do not buy beta but works so great, great deal of usefulness & ease of use, still i'd like more infos on what to rip & a preview window would be nice to.
i did buy a copy much thanks to you & it's always nice to get feedback based on your experience & recommendations so there you go, thanks for your input.

: maybe the programmer should remove that discount field if not in use upon purchase hence seems to start riots in their forum at times.

MilesAhead:
I'm glad the program is working out for you. I guess it is slow going with a one man shop. I know I felt a bit weird after shelling out $50 and then it just goes along and is still beta... but I figure the program does work as well as most paid programs as it is, and with the license key, if it goes away at least I can keep using it as it is.

When you deal with these market services, you end up squishing your octagonal peg into their square hole.  I have a feeling the discount thing is something he couldn't turn off if he wanted to.  But that's just my intuition.  Maybe the developer is a perfectionist, but I agree with you the program works well enough to charge for it. He should probably release it as commercial and give a discount for a time and get things moving.  But I don't know what's going on.  Maybe there's some other ducks he wants to get in a row before he takes the plunge. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version