ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: usb drive backup program

<< < (5/8) > >>

Deozaan:
It may also be that putting the path in quotes will fix the whitespace problem:

SET archiveFolder="C:\Kingston Backup 16gb"

PhilB66:
Check out Sarah Dean's USB Flash Tools

Also, search the net for USBDumper. If you can't find a download source, let me know and I'll make my copy available for download.

techidave:
thanks for the help deozaan.  I appreciate it.

I didn't realize this whole ordeal was going to be this difficult or involved.  I figured that some of the coders here would whip something up in a short order without me trying to troubleshoot several programs getting it to work.  As you can tell, programming or coding is not my strong area.

I don't know if shades script has the ability to do copy only the changes that were made on the usb drive instead of copying the whole thing everytime.

Deozaan:
I don't know if shades script has the ability to do copy only the changes that were made on the usb drive instead of copying the whole thing everytime.
-techidave (March 21, 2010, 07:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

This sounds quite a bit more involved, requiring some sort of Diff utility to compare the contents of the old backup(s) to the current file. And if it created a new zip of just the changes, then it would have to compare every zipped backup to the USB drive every time it was inserted, and that sounds like a big mess of trouble to me.

It almost sounds to me that something like FileHamster would be better for you, if you could figure out a way to get it to work only with your USB drive (such as somehow ensuring that your Kingston 16GB USB drive is always assigned the same drive letter, and nothing else can use that drive letter).

PhilB66:
Found the link for USB Dumper

http://www.ghacks.net/2010/01/12/backup-usb-device-during-connections-windows/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version