ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Circle Dock

work around for middle button not working on X64 Win 7 Logitech mouse

(1/9) > >>

worick:
Since several versions back I have been having problems with using the middle button to toggle visibility. This is on a Windows 7 64bit computer with an old Logitech mouse. It would work for a short while then stop. Sometimes the reconnect mouse function helped, other times not and required restarting circle dock. I had tried adding modifier keys like shift and ctrl to no avail. I had tried finding different drivers and that didn't help either. I had tried several different macro programs to trigger a keystroke combo on middle mouse and that didn't work.

finally I tried X-mouse Button Control. Its a program that lets you remap mouse buttons to some other function. I have not looked into how it works, but it fixes the problem. I set middle mouse button down to send "ctr shift F7" and it has worked for 2 days without a single hiccup.

I believe this should work with any mouse not just Logitech.

worick:
Markham - I read up on X-mouse a little more and found out a little something that may interest you. X-mouse is free, but not open source so I am just going on what I found from the site. According to the site he says he is using  SetWindowsHookEx() to read outputs from the drivers, so it should be hardware agnostic. I think you had said that is what CD uses correct? How much of that code is from VIP verses new that you wrote? Maybe something to dig into for a slightly different implementation under x64 could fix the issue? I am grasping there, without seeing the code. If you like I would be happy to look over the source and research MSDN and other resources some.

sgtevmckay:
Also, as defined here ( https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=21885.msg197660#msg197660 ), I have utilized setpoint tools , by Logitech, to compensate....I have been working flawlessly since. I am also on a Windows 7 64bit system

I was wondering if "X-mouse Button Control" would produce similar results.
Thanks for the confirmation  :Thmbsup:

worick:
setpoint didn't work for me.

sgtevmckay:
Is it because there is no SetPoint tools available for your mouse, or SetPoint did not correct the issue???
You had mentioned your mouse is "Older" (???)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version