ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Multi Photo Quotes

Feature Request: Quickly set desired slide

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
glad that it's useful.

you know that MPQ already has a feature that supports a plugin-like system for grabbing quotes online (there are sample "plugins" that query various online sites for quote); i was thinking it might be useful to have one that fetches the last "tweet" or text from some web service, so that you could change your away text remotely from offsite.

superboyac:
glad that it's useful.

you know that MPQ already has a feature that supports a plugin-like system for grabbing quotes online (there are sample "plugins" that query various online sites for quote); i was thinking it might be useful to have one that fetches the last "tweet" or text from some web service, so that you could change your away text remotely from offsite.
-mouser (April 13, 2010, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
That sounds interesting.  I'm trying to think of a way to implement that without having it too difficult to use.  The current method is pretty good because I double-click, choose one of the preset messages, change a word or two if necessary, and I'm done.  The whole thing takes under 10 seconds, which is awesome.  The only way I can see something working where I'm offsite is if it can somehow read my outlook calendar, or something along those lines.  Or override it from another location updating where you are, I guess twitter could do that, if I used it.

It's a good idea...remotely change the message.  If I think of anything, I'll be sure to let you know.

mouser:
a plugin that displayed the latest twitter message of a user might work.. then assuming you have some feature on your cell phone to update twitter, you're good to go.

superboyac:
That sounds pretty simple.  I don't do that with my phone, but it could be done.  As much as a software geek as I am, I'm pretty bland with my phone use.  I don't even text!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version