ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Return of the Commodore computer name?

<< < (2/4) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
A> Thats feckin awesome..I want a keyboard PC!
B> Gimme Beige
C> Gimmeh Rainbow
D> Add C64 Game Disk Slot/Dual Mode Switch (Choose PC or 64) and your onto a winner with me!

:Thmbsup:

Innuendo:
Hmm, I thought the Commodore company was closed years ago?-Tuxman (March 17, 2010, 06:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

It did. That's why this guy formed a completely new company and "spent the better part of a year crawling through the arcane red tape necessary to get the rights to the Commodore name."

Tuxman:
I actually think it will be a flop anyway. Commodore is a feeling, not just a name.

40hz:
I wonder what kind of software it's supposed to run. Is it actually supposed to run old Commodore software, or did they just want rights to the name so they have a keyboard PC that runs Windows 7? Or is there going to be new Commodore software?

-daddydave (March 17, 2010, 05:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd guess it will ship with Windows 7.

I plan on using some variant of Linux. :Thmbsup:

There's also enough disk/cartridge images and C64 emulators that running the old software shouldn't be an issue. Too bad they can't bring back the SID chip.

40hz:
...the company's monumental advertising campaign will have had its effect ("something like you've never seen in your life," as Altman described it to us on the phone this afternoon) ...
--- End quote ---
If it is UNsuccessful, the computer may be dubbed "The Commode"!
-parkint (March 17, 2010, 07:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Old joke. C64 owners used to affectionately call it the "commode door" since way back. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version