ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Cafepress Alternatives - Find out the truth about 'CP's' biggest competitors.

<< < (2/2)

JavaJones:
Zazzle has actually been around for ages. I mentioned them in my reply above. ;) Didn't know they were doing shoes and skateboards now though, hehe.

- Oshyan

KynloStephen66515:
Zazzle has actually been around for ages. I mentioned them in my reply above. ;) Didn't know they were doing shoes and skateboards now though, hehe.

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (April 10, 2010, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah...I saw that...honest? haha sorry :P

1NR1:
Hello,

I'm going to just wing this comment since I have experience with all of these POD (print on demand) sites and have 'stores' on all also, so forgive any rambling.  Cafe Press has the name that is most recognizable for most T buyers (T=any merchandise), on-line buyers. Zazzle is number two, with Printfection, (they have some very creative stores and commercial artists with pages on the site but their stated business model is more towards Business to Business) and Spreadshirt are in the running but not in as well know a position as the others.

From my experience:

Printfection has the best quality.
Cafe press the most offerings.
Zazzle the most variety .
Spreadshirt best price.

Here's the takeaway for an occasional T buyer (maybe like JavaJones):

Prices are not going to be a lot different when shipping is figured in between all of the above.

If you want a deal look for the "specials" all of these have.  For instance I was msg'd that a 2.00 tee shirt was a special ("store owners cost") so you can see the variation. Speaking of which before buying I would check the store cost (somewhere on the site it's linked) against the retail cost and if it is out of line, 5 to 20 dollars more than the store cost, write the "shopkeeper" and ask to pay 2 or 3 dollars above the list, have them open a private store and you may get it. Same goes for a design you like but want some lettering on it.

If you are buying 10 or more bargain for a good discount and keep shipping low and slow.

Large quantities 100 or more, go local.  And, MAKE CERTAIN you see a sample of the material you are getting.

That's it for starters. Cheers
NR

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version