ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

StreamTransport: Free Stream (youtube,hulu,etc) Downloading Tool

<< < (2/4) > >>

cyberdiva:
I went to download Stream Transport and found the site blocked by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's IP Protection feature.  It claimed it was protecting me from malicious IP 95.211.13.68.  This apparently is the IP for Stream Transport; my guess is that it shares this IP number with some unsavory sites.  In the past, when questions have been raised in the Malwarebytes forum about seemingly innocent sites being blocked, the answer has been that if a site shares an IP address with malicious sites, there's nothing to prevent the malicious site from doing its evil on your computer when you seek to go to the innocent site, since the site is reached by IP number, not domain name.

I turned off Malwarebytes' IP protection to go to the site, downloaded Stream Transport, installed it, turned IP Protection back on, and tried to use Stream Transport, but again Malwarebytes blocked it.  So unless I'm willing to trust that IP number enough to put it on Malwarebytes' Ignore List, I won't be able to use Stream Transport.  Does anyone have any further information or advice about this?

Curt:
The IP address is also used by some sex sites situated in Holland / the Netherlands
However, Outpost Security Suite is not reacting, so I wouldn't be too scared.

http://www.dnsinspect.com/ips/95.211.13.68

cyberdiva:
Thanks, Curt.  That's good to know.  But how come DNSInspect didn't list streamtransport.com among those who use that IP number?

Stoic Joker:
Address looks to be a public hosting company in Amsterdam

Curt:
- I know nothing about how this really works

But:

http://www.dnsinspect.com/reports/127008

I guess these tests don't include valuation of security

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version