ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

First compelling reason to switch to Windows 7

<< < (9/10) > >>

Innuendo:
The case is a Silverstone Icon Aluminum with a large side window and interior lighting, 24" deep, 20" high, and 8 " wide - I think I could crawl into it and hide if needed!-J-Mac (March 17, 2010, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just googled that case & that's a pretty sharp looking enclosure you've got there, J-Mac! That should last you through your next two or three builds. I've always liked the look of Silverstone's cases, but they are a little expensive.

JavaJones:
The case is a Silverstone Icon Aluminum with a large side window and interior lighting, 24" deep, 20" high, and 8 " wide - I think I could crawl into it and hide if needed!-J-Mac (March 17, 2010, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just googled that case & that's a pretty sharp looking enclosure you've got there, J-Mac! That should last you through your next two or three builds. I've always liked the look of Silverstone's cases, but they are a little expensive.
-Innuendo (March 18, 2010, 10:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is this the picture you found? Because I can see the appeal...

http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2006/11/16/holiday_buyers_guide_2006/silverstone-model.jpg

:D

- Oshyan

Innuendo:
Is this the picture you found? Because I can see the appeal...

http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2006/11/16/holiday_buyers_guide_2006/silverstone-model.jpg-JavaJones (March 18, 2010, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, that wasn't the pic I found & I have a feeling that if J-Mac had gotten that computer case bundle he wouldn't be wasting his time on DC with us schmoes. ;)

Deozaan:
the way to fix the 7-zip file associations problem is run the gui as administrator and set the file associations, then close that instance and you should be set
i ran into that problem myself, it seems that win7 will only let admin set file associations (also affects things such as media player classic)
-Krishean (March 18, 2010, 12:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks! Worked like a charm!

Subsailor:
I imagine the new hard drives (EARS) would be a pain in the yahoo to someone trying to throw it into their OEM Windows Home Server machine which is based on Server 2003. Luckily I knew about the issue and was able to find some EADS drives. It's not stated anywhere on WD's website about this OS. The tech support guy I called to find out about it just drooled at the mouth  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version