ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Free Pascal - Lazarus?

<< < (7/7)

Carol Haynes:
I have been playing with RealBasic and like the fact that IDE and language development is ongoing regularly (and rapidly). OK it isn't free but with the pro version you can cross compile for Windows, Mac and Linux.

MilesAhead:
MilesAhead

Thanks for the suggestions. I know Visual Express Studio is very attractive alternative but my problem is that I spend quite a bit of time on Linux and Windows so I want my stuff to be cross platform. That is why anything .net would not slice it for me really, which is why I am not investing a lot o f time in either in Ahk or Autoit. They sure are very very nice alternatives if you are sticking to Windows.

-kartal (March 15, 2010, 03:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I played around a bit with Mono when it first came out.  But I haven't kept up with it to see if it really gelled as a .NET platform on Linux. It may be worth a look to see if it's dead or thriving.

edit: just took a look.  Seems C# is supported across platforms but C++ is Linux only.  Perhaps not the way to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version