ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Ars Technica on the problem with adblocking

<< < (2/13) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
In any case, to me the whole situation is simple. Like the site? Get on with the program. You don't like the site or the program? You're free to do what you want. Making things more complex would only throw everyone into a rat race, and I think we already have enough with music, films and now books and videogames. You can extract several lessons from those fields to know how to improve your current business and make your readers happy at the same time.
-Lashiec (March 10, 2010, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed...If people block, let them, if they dont, oh well, but dont punish those who like ad-free experiences.  If you don't like that, then put your premium content locked behind paid membership areas.

JavaJones:
When oh when will a good micropayments system come around?

- Oshyan

KynloStephen66515:
When oh when will a good micropayments system come around?

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (March 10, 2010, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Flattr

JavaJones:
Flattr? Saw it, wasn't impressed. It's interesting but not what I'm looking for. The concept is unique, but it's too different and difficult to grasp to see wide adoption.

- Oshyan

KynloStephen66515:
Flattr? Saw it, wasn't impressed. It's interesting but not what I'm looking for. The concept is unique, but it's too different and difficult to grasp to see wide adoption.

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (March 10, 2010, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

How about one like here on DC? (I can see Lashiec's post going completely off topic now lol)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version