ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Watch a game instead of playing it - NextgenWalkthroughs.com and others?

<< < (2/3) > >>

40hz:
Amazing. Now all that's left to be done is to write a progam to watch these things, thereby taking the human entirely out of the loop - and the cycle will finally be completed! (Douglas Adams would have loved it.)

Actually...that's not quite fair. I happen to enjoy occasionally watching game "cut scenes" if that's the correct term for them. I usually find those more enjoyable than the actual games themselves.

But I'm not much of a gamer to begin with.  ;D

KynloStephen66515:
Pretty awesome website, but I have had to stay away from a few of the game videos on there because i am determined to try the games out first hand.  But I can say, the videos for COD and BF:BC are brilliant, I have played both these games and they are totally represented in what the videos show  ;D

JavaJones:
Interesting, I've actually been an appreciator of "observational gaming" (or is it really just classic spectating? :D) for quite a while, but never really knew many (any?) other people who were. It doesn't seem to be particular to one type of game necessarily either, there's something just enjoyable about seeing people in the act of overcoming challenge, which is fundamentally what games are (or attempting to overcome it). Just "exploring" and moving through a story like the Final Fantasy series can be interesting too. However I'm not sure just watching a movie of it is quite the experience that interests me. I suppose I would say it's a more personal thing for me, I want to be sitting behind the person, a friend of mine preferably, and watching them, sharing their moments of achievement and commiserating with their failures. The personal connection is relevant to me in the enjoyment factor. Still, this is an interesting thing, the pure spectator enjoyment of games. I believe Xbox's "1 vs. 100" is kind of like that, and lots more spectator functions are making their way into games with the massive connectivity of the mighty interwebosaur.

- Oshyan

mediaguycouk:
Well I'm 3 hours into Metal Gear Solid 4 now. Thanks for the link

mouser:
Deo recommended searching youtube for the phrase "Let's Play", and it's yielded some excellent results.

I can see that different users make very different playthroughs, and the trick is to find one that matches your tastes.

I started watching a giant playthrough of a game that very much but which i do not want (nor have the time to) play, Witcher 3, and can highly recommend this player:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQDWoXFQ-YLrUP3dIHXAxqnCyZ3_sLbjX

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version