ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Watch a game instead of playing it - NextgenWalkthroughs.com and others?

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
I was lamenting on the irc channel and on a recent post that with video games becoming so cinematic these days, some of us would much more enjoy just watching someone play a video game like a movie, rather than actually playing it ourselves; especially with so little free time.

DC member ewemoa suggested http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/ to me, and indeed it has some nicely organized walkthrough videos that look like they may fit the bill.  If anyone has other websites that collect comprehensive full-game videos, let us know!

Nextgenwalkthroughs.com was created way back in 2006 by Beer Baron and Explicit D. We've been doing walkthroughs all this time and are not planning on stopping anytime soon.  We make all of our guides on the hardest difficulty, and do voiceovers to make sure to help you through the toughest parts of the game.

--- End quote ---

http://nextgenwalkthroughs.com/

Deozaan:
Awesome! I didn't know about this, and it would be great for those times when I'd like a refresher on the story of a game but don't feel like spending 80 hours playing through Final Fantasy n17 again.

CoderOmega:
games becomes more like movies, but movies wants to add more interaction and soon will become more like games  :huh: :huh:
Soon with project natal, you'll be moving all over the place like on a wii in order to change movie, select a chapter, and maybe a kick would mean pausing a movie?
The world is really upside down.

RedPillow:
Lol, think about "Left 4 Dead - Interactive Movie"  ;D

Watchers are given weapon of their choise - It`ll be pretty much like a lan-party thou  :huh:

slowmaker:
I was lamenting on the irc channel and on a recent post that with video games becoming so cinematic these days, some of us would much more enjoy just watching someone play a video game like a movie, rather than actually playing it ourselves; especially with so little free time.
-mouser (March 09, 2010, 07:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

There is a pretty avid community of 'Let's Play"-ers, who focus not so much on pure walkthrough as on general commentary, sort of like hanging out while an aquaintance plays and talks; sometimes they'll play a game they think is stupid just so everyone can have some mst3k-style fun. YouTube has loads of 'em.

Sample link: Katrinonus, a lot of "Let's Play" stuff mixed in with voice acting stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version