ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

Crash on XP Pro SP3

<< < (2/6) > >>

mouser:
sounds like the problem may happen when there is an error connecting to the network.

bgd77:
For me, it does not happen only at startup. I have opened the PC a few hours ago, and if I start the DcUpdater program, most of the times it will work, but a few times it crashes with a pop-up window appearing, as jaden has described, or, in other cases, it just closes, with no warning.

yksyks:
The same here. I never switch my PC off and every couple of days I find DcUpdater crashed in the morning with the standard Windows dialog. So far this never happened when started manually. How could I help?

(Win XP Pro, SP3, permanent ADSL connection)

jaden:
I'm on a LAN and haven't noticed any connectivity issues.  I do use an openVPN connection so I can access another datacenter.  Could that be related?  Maybe a routing problem?

I've also seen a slightly different crash while manually starting and stopping it in order to provoke the issue.

I'm watching the process with Sysinternals' Process Monitor to compare successful runs and crashes.  I have 3 apps to check for updates.

On a successful run it creates 8 threads and has 3 TCP send/receive/disconnects in this order: SRSRSRDDD (S=Send, R=Receive, D=Disconnect).  5 threads exit, then the process exits.

On the first crash I reported, 8 threads are created and there are 2 TCP send/receives but no disconnects (Order: SRSR).  No threads exit.  That appears to indicate it's crashing in the network connectivity code.

On the second crash, 8 threads are created, and 2 TCP send/receive/disconnects occur.  (Order: SRSRDD).  No threads exit.  The order is odd, because the third connection doesn't appear, even though the other two are disconnected.  I'm not sure where the crash is happening to explain that order.

Let me know if there's any info I can provide to help diagnose this.

jaden:
On a whim I tried using the latest version of libcurl.dll (7.20.0).  It crashed every time :eusa_dance:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version