ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Will you miss newspapers when they're gone?

<< < (12/12)

adi_barb:
I'll miss the newspapers a lot... actually I maybe could die without printed newspapers…And thankfully, the newspaper industry is nowhere near extinction here in my country! The have a lot of work behind... compared to blogs or other web stuff.

crabby3:
No I won't miss em.   They won't be gone any time soon though.   :-\   The publishers make too much money selling advertising space.

Besides... newsprint, with veggie-based ink, cleans glass just as good as paper towels and it's a lot cheaper.   ;D

TaoPhoenix:
I'm sure we'll soon see the day when books and music will have limits on them, such as, "You have 180 days to read this [e]book; after that, it is digitally erased from your collection via DRM."
-zridling (March 15, 2010, 09:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

And I swear I've seen some of the rumbling early attempts at that already, I just don't have references handy. One of you net researcher types can poke around if you want.

crabby3:
I'm sure we'll soon see the day when books and music will have limits on them, such as, "You have 180 days to read this [e]book; after that, it is digitally erased from your collection via DRM."
-zridling (March 15, 2010, 09:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

And I swear I've seen some of the rumbling early attempts at that already, I just don't have references handy. One of you net researcher types can poke around if you want.

-TaoPhoenix (May 05, 2014, 08:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

This looks like a 'How-To' on removing DRM protection so I guess time limits exist.

http://www.ebook-converter.com/74-remove-expired-days-library-ebook.htm

Possibly this person could use a grammar eBook?  ;D  Or maybe English is not their first language?   :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version