ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

good Videos [short films] here :)

<< < (62/75) > >>

holt:
SR-71 Blackbird Giant Remote Control Turbine Jet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lYGUROZ_Pg
I usually like to watch documentaries on the real thing, so I'm really crediting this r/c vid on superior quality & excellence.

panzer:
POV Full Run - WORLD'S LARGEST PARKOUR COURSE (China Sky Ladder):

p3lb0x:

I laughed (political commentary)

IainB:
@p3lb0x:

I laughed (political commentary)
-p3lb0x (August 23, 2017, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thankyou! What a brilliantly rational little satire!
Actually, it would probably/arguably be more correct to call it a comment on the absurdity of cringeworthy political correctness, rather than the more serious business of "politics" per se.
Some of the comments about that video are rather interesting/amusing too.

For example: (edited for brevity/sense)

* To be consistent, if a Google employee (James Damore) can be legitimately fired (sent to the GOOLAG™) for an unspecified "social crime" of "encouraging the use of sexual stereotyping", or something, when in fact he seemed to be merely applying logic/reason/evidence and exercising his right to free speech, in writing a 10-page evidence-based essay (including related research statistics and associated diagrams) entitled "Google’s Ideological Echo Chamber", then the account for this video should be blocked/closed/GOOLAGed for the same offence. By the same token, it could also bring into question the general social acceptability of the use of logic/reason/evidence for anything that is published on the Google networks, or the Internet or used in public discourse in the future.
* The video is hateful content. If the zeroes notice this hateful content, then they won't show up in the office, and the rest of us who do will have to make stuff just with ones! Be more thoughtful next time!
* It could be claimed that 1's are better than 0's, because - Would you want to be: an ON or an OFF; a TRUE or a FALSE; a YES or a NO?
* The problem of 63 (where binary 111111 = decimal 32+16+8+4+2+1) not being "diverse" enough could perhaps be "fixed" by adding 6 or more [non-significant] zeroes before the ones - i.e., 000000111111. This would give an even distribution - 50% ones and 50% zeroes - but where all the zeroes would be adding nothing to the number, which latter point could make for an interesting analogy.
* ..."1 is the loneliest number".
* "Bringing 4:30 ( after the red 1 says: 'Today, I numerically identify with the square root of 2 divided by Pi.') and not going into the complex identities of irrational numbers? Bigot! The lack of representation of i (imaginary unit) offends me as well!?"
* Politiekman: "There are only 10 sexes."
Bolek Lolek: (in response) "the word "sex" comes from Latin "half", so by definition there can only be two.

--- End quote ---
sex/sexus: ..."Commonly taken with seco as division or 'half' of the race" [Tucker], which would connect it to secare "to divide or cut" (see section (n.)). ...
 - Copied from: Online Etymology Dictionary - <http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=sexus>

--- End quote ---

* Parabalani: "I think people who did not study computing will find it difficult to understand this."
Marc: (in response) "Having a brain is enough for this video."

--- End quote ---

* Adrian Blom: "this video will fly over many a head."
JG: (in response} "Like an attack helicopter, which I happen to identify as."
wolfie498: (in response) "Most heads unfortunately."

--- End quote ---

IainB:
Consider the following:...
(An excellent introductory video about the scientific explanation as to why there are - and can only be - two genders amongst humans, and which even my now 7 y/o son understood by age 5 or 6.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version