ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

good Videos [short films] here :)

<< < (55/75) > >>

holt:
Rats Are Awesome!

MerleOne:
Rats Are Awesome!
-holt (January 10, 2017, 10:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great, thanks. That's comforting to see happy rodents/animals !

wraith808:
I should also say that one thing I don't support and didn't like about this otherwise rather good video is the raised fists, which could potentially be a further discrete fascistic incitement to the sort of mindless post-election violence against people and in "protest" riots that was experienced (if not encouraged) in parts of the US. However, I am aware that that mindless violence was probably committed by and probably revealed a lot about a relatively small minority of American people and their perception of the need for real "democracy" - the majority presumably seeing it as being undemocratic to go around thumping people and causing property damage because your party lost a democratic election to a sizeable majority, or something.

-IainB (January 01, 2017, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

The raised fist, or the clenched fist, is a symbol of solidarity and support. It is also used as a salute to express unity, strength, defiance, or resistance. The salute dates back to ancient Assyria as a symbol of resistance in the face of violence.  One might draw parallels to, most recently, Standing Rock's Water Protectors, or not so recently the Civil Rights movement in the United States.

Edvard:
This one was a head-scratcher from the beginning, and left me going "Wut?" at the end.
Subtitles for us monophones.

RESET
Living a solitary farm-life, a young girl's reality begins to break apart in this mind-bending Sci-Fi short...

--- End quote ---

IainB:
Well, it's SF-surrealism, I guess. I rather liked it! Nice find.    :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version